We’re looking for a college student to join our language education startup FluentKey as a summer intern.
FluentKey is a site that helps language teachers engage students and improve their listening skills with real-world videos like TV, movies, music, news, and commercials. We have hundreds of fun, engaging videos in the world’s most popular languages. Teachers can find the perfect video for their students and turn each video into a dynamic lesson using tools designed specifically for language learning like clickable captions, interactive comprehension quizzes, and arcade-style games. Best of all? All our videos are free forever–we promise open access to everyone.
We just launched our early beta, but we’re already growing and getting buzz. For more info, check out our website (fluentkey.com) and sign up free for a Teacher Account. Or read our company description.
This is a full-time summer internship based in Oakland. You will be working directly with us (the founders) on every aspect of building a startup, including product development, content creation, testing, customer outreach and service, marketing, blogging, sales, doing demos at schools, attending conferences, networking with investors, and more. You are getting in on the ground floor of an exciting new startup with a mission to make language learning better and more meaningful. Not only that, you’ll join our close-knit team and have the chance to personally shape the direction of FluentKey going forward.
1) Work full-time (40 hours a week) from June through August.
2) Must be passionate about language learning and educational technology. We highly prefer candidates with a background in education and who speak multiple languages.
3) Must be passionate about working at a startup. The nature of a small and fast-moving startup like this is that you will have to wear many hats. Your role is simply: do what needs to be done. That assignment may change each week or even each day. But whatever you’ll be doing, it will be important.
4) Must have the capacity to perform in a high-pressure and dynamic environment. Only candidates who are extremely adaptable, versatile, and self-driven should apply.
5) We pay $15 an hour. However, depending on your performance, there’s the possibility of a permanent job with FluentKey after the internship ends.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; enclose a resume and cover letter with your application. In your letter, please explain why you want to work with FluentKey and how you can help us. Tell us your story. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll be sure to follow up.